The Simons Foundation Doctoral Scholarship 2021/2022 for foreign students in the USA.
Apply for The Simons Foundation Scholarship to study for free in the United States.
All information about the requirements of this scholarship offer to apply for The Simons Foundation University Scholarship.
The Simons Foundation Scholarship Information
- Country: United States
- City: New York
- Academic year: 2021-2022
- Fellowship Name: Simons African Fellowship
- Who Offers the Scholarship: The Simons Foundation
- Degree to Obtain: Doctorate
- The Study Specialty: Mathematics
- Target Groups: African European French
- Date to Apply: 01/10/2020
Conditions of the University Scholarship
The IMU – Simons African Fellowship program is funded by the Simons Foundation, NY, USA and supports research sabbaticals for mathematicians from African developing countries employed in Africa to travel to an internationally recognized center of mathematical excellence (in worldwide) for collaborative research.
All travel and living expenses of the recipients will be covered by the scholarship up to USD 5,000.
The Simons Foundation is a private foundation based in New York, established in 1994 by Jim and Marilyn Simons.
The Simons Foundation’s mission is to push the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences.
They sponsor a range of science programs, including grant programs in mathematics and physical science.
The Mathematics and Physical Sciences division of the foundation focuses primarily on the theoretical sciences radiating from mathematics: in particular, the fields of mathematics, theoretical computer science and theoretical physics.
- The program supports research sabbaticals for mathematicians from AFRICAN developing countries employed in AFRICA to travel to an internationally recognized center of excellence/mathematical university (WORLD) for collaborative research.
- The program is not intended for postgraduate courses or postgraduate training but for a LIMITED RESEARCH PERIOD.
- The grant covers TRAVEL EXPENSES and BASIC LIVING EXPENSES for African mathematicians working in Africa (specifically coming from a developing country, the definition of which is determined by IMU for all its programs) during the sabbatical period.
The Grant Selection Committee (GSC) consists of the CDC Secretary for Grant Selection as Chair and has six other members, three from CDC and three others representing Latin America, Africa and Asia respectively. .
Amount of The Simons Foundation Scholarship
- Amount per Year: $5000
- Interval: – from 6,000 Dollars
How to send a scholarship application?
Are you interested in this scholarship offer in the USA?
Then send your scholarship application via this link:
- Official scholarship link: https://www.mathunion.org
- Official link of the organization: https://www.mathunion.org/cdc
This post is also available in : Français